Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC
(Effective August 9, 2013)
These terms and conditions ("Agreement") apply to your purchase of jewelry ("Product") from Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC dba Carrie Hoffman Jewelry and the website carriehoffmanjewelry.com. These terms and conditions of sale apply to all purchases, including internet and telephone orders. By placing an order and/or accepting delivery of Product, you accept and are bound to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement may not be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of a purchase order or any other document unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by both you and Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC.
Credit cards: Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC accepts the following credit cards:
- American Express
Taxes: Applicable state and local sales taxes will be charged to all sales where Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC has a physical presence. California residents will be charged sales tax of 9% subject to sales tax rate changes.
Orders; Payment: Orders placed do not constitute a legal contract until Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC ships the Product. Terms of payment are within Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC, payment must be received or verified by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC prior to Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC acceptance of an order. Payment for the Product may be made by credit card, wire transfer, or some other prearranged payment method. If payment is made by credit card, acceptance of orders is subject to credit card verification procedures. We reserve the right to cancel an order if it does not meet our credit card verification standards. If payment is made by personal check, Product will not be shipped until the check clears. Your order is subject to cancellation by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC, at Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC sole discretion. Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC and Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.
Order and Shipping Timeframe: We do our best to ship your items out to you in the shortest time frame possible, however please allow up to three weeks for an online order to be shipped, as most of our items are made to order. If your item is a gift or is time sensitive please let us know in the comments field at check out or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about when you need to receive your item. We will work like crazy to meet your deadline or let you know if it is honestly possible. Most items ship within 2-3 weeks of the purchase date. (Note* pave items take on average 2-3 weeks to complete and this does not including shipping time) If an item is on backorder or requires longer than 3 weeks you will be notified via email. We cannot guarantee a delivery date, however we will do our best to deliver the item as soon as possible. Please see your Shipping Information page for more information on shipping timeframes.
- All prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Occasionally, we may have just sold an item which you ordered, and have not had time to take it off our site (or it may have been in your persistent shopping cart). We apologize for any disappointment, but we will reach you to see if you would like a substitution, special order, or just a cancellation.
Signature Required For Delivery:
- If your delivery is over $600 we require a signature for delivery. This is regardless of any waivers you may have with any shipping company (FedEx, UPS, etc.) These requirements are for your protection and will not be waived by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC.
- Since jewelry is often given for engagements or other special occasions, we will be extremely flexible to help you create a wonderful surprise. We can expedite your delivery for a fast approaching special occasion or we can ship your order to an address other than your home to help you maintain your surprise.
Shipping Charges; Title; Risk of Loss; Taxes: Shipping and handling are additional unless otherwise expressly indicated at the time of sale. Title to Product passes from Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC to you upon shipment from Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC facility. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC is Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC responsibility, HOWEVER, Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC will not be responsible for any physical damage to any shipment if it is not inspected at the time of delivery and damages or suspected damages are not clearly noted on the carrier’s paperwork at the time of delivery. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by any carrier selected by you is your responsibility. You must notify Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC within 5 days of the date of receipt of your purchase if you believe any part of your purchase is missing, wrong or damaged. Unless you provide Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC with a valid and correct tax exemption certificate applicable to your purchase of Product and the Product ship-to location, you are responsible for sales and other taxes associated with the order. Any quoted shipping dates are estimates only.
Backorders: There may be times when an item you wish to order is on backorder. Backorder simply means that the product is out of stock at the time, but the warehouse is aware that you want the item. When the item arrives, we will automatically ship your order to you if we do not hear otherwise. We ship the in-stock items immediately and then ship the backordered items separately when they come in. If your order requires two shipments due to backorder, you will only be charged for shipping on the initial order.
Return Policy: We at Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC want you to be satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, you may elect to return or exchange your Carrie Hoffman Designs jewelry within 10 business days after you receive your product and we will issue a refund minus the shipping charges. Please note that items showing signs of wear or those that have been custom, engraved, altered, resized or damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return.
To return jewelry to Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC, please follow the subsequent directions:
- Email our customer service department at email@example.com and you will be given a Return Authorization Number (a return can not be processed without obtaining a RA number first)
- Package your item securely including all original packing and collateral items. Include your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the individual. Both FedEx and UPS will not insure jewelry valued at over $1000. Look on the invoice. If the price of the item you are returning is listed as:
- Under $1000 – you can ship it via any carrier, but be sure to ship it fully insured and request a return receipt for confirmation that the package was received
- Over $1000 – Ship your package via US Postal Service Registered mail insured for the total value of the contents. Also, request a return receipt for confirmation that your shipment has reached Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC
- All authorized returns should be sent to our corporate office at:
- Carrie Hoffman Designs
7119 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Please follow these instructions exactly, failure to do so will prevent the processing of your return
- Please allow 7 business days for the processing of your return or exchange from the date we receive your package. Additionally, refunds on your credit card may take an additional 3 -5 business days to appear on your credit record as your banking institution may require additional days to process and post the transaction to your account once the information is received from Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC.
Special Orders: When you place a special order, you have committed to the item. Please note that special orders are outside the scope of regular designed production and are both non-refundable and non-exchangeable from the time the order is placed. Special Orders may be canceled only within 48 hours of being placed
Repairs and replacement: Please note that all repairs are handled individually and will charged at the customer’s expense.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with an estimate of the cost for the repair and further instructions. Make sure to include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, and note the reason for repair.
- All Repairs should be mailed to:
- Carrie Hoffman Designs
7119 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
- All items returned for repair must comply with all of the terms of the return policy described above, including obtaining a prior Return Authorization Number and insuring the items returned for repair.
Lost earrings: Please email our customer service department at email@example.com for an estimate of the cost of a replacement for a lost earring. With regard to lost earrings, we will do our best to replace lost earrings mates. However, in some circumstances matching color and shapes may not be possible due to the unique nature of Carrie Hoffman’s jewelry. We may suggest you send us the remaining earring so that we can match it as best as possible.
International Orders: Please note that the following additional terms and conditions apply to all international orders:
- The order recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws, regulations and restrictions of the destination country.
- Prices and shipping fees do not include brokerage fees, import and customs duties, Value Added Taxes (“VAT”), tariffs, and other fees that may be levied by the destination country, all of which are the responsibility of the purchaser. All costs incurred on a refused delivery because of high custom or brokerage fees, duties, taxes or restrictions imposed by the country of destination are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC does not ship to the following countries with high fraud histories: Belarus, Columbia, Egypt, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Romania, Russia, Indonesia and Taiwan. This list is subject to change without notice.
- All international orders regardless of payment method are subject to order verification.
- For product returns, the purchaser is the exporter from the destination country and is responsible for compliance with all laws, regulations and restrictions of the destination country. Title and risk of loss transfer to Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC upon Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC receipt of the returned product. All costs of return must be prepaid by the purchaser.
Limitation of Liability. ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED BY CARRIE HOFFMAN DESIGNS LLC. CARRIE HOFFMAN DESIGNS LLC DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, CARRIE HOFFMAN DESIGNS LLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCT, CARRIE HOFFMAN DESIGNS LLC IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT.
Governing Law. The parties agree that this Agreement, any sales thereunder, or any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, whether preexisting, present or future, and including statutory, common law, and equitable claims) between you and Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement, Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC advertising, or Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC dba Carrie Hoffman Jewelry website shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., without regard to conflicts of laws rules. Any actions, regardless of form, arising out of your transaction with Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC or the Product must be brought within the applicable statutory period, but in no event more than one year from the date of purchase of Product.
Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC
(effective August 23, 2016)
All International orders placed are held for review and you will be contacted to arrange alternate payment options and shipping quotes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss processing your order.
(effective August 9, 2013)
Our commitment to you, as a valued client when you visit the carriehoffmanjewelry.com website, is to provide you with the ultimate in customer service and most importantly, privacy and security.
To respect your privacy we guarantee that any and all information you provide will remain strictly confidential and stored safely.
Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC dba Carrie Hoffman Jewelry is the sole owner of any information collected on the Carriehoffmanjewelry.com website (“the Website”). Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC may collect information from users at several different points on the website. A user may potentially enter contact information (such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or mailing address) in order to request a newsletter or catalog, or to request additional information about one or more of Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC products. Similar contact information, further including credit card numbers, may be collected in order to process customer orders. Contact information collected may be stored in a database, and may be used for periodic catalog mailings, to send emails announcing items we believe of interest to our customers, and to respond to specific customer inquiries. By filling out our online forms, including our online order forms, users give consent to be contacted by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC. If a user asks Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC to remove us from a contact list, the user’s personal information will be flagged as “do not contact.”
Cookies: Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC may set and access cookies on users’ computers for the purpose of maintaining an association between a user and items added by the user to a shopping cart for purchase, and for maintaining this association throughout order processing. Cookies are not used by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC to retrieve any personal information.
Log Files: Like most websites, Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC (through its web host provider) uses log files. Logged information includes Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks. This information is used internally by Carrie Hoffman Designs LLC to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement on the Website in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.